Posts Update:
Pin It

Inter Milan captain Zanetti wants one more season

January 02, 2013


Javier Zanetti has revealed that he intends to still be playing for Inter next season – even at the age of 40. 

The veteran, born in August 1973, only has six months left on his current contract but he thinks he can play on despite the falling sands of time. 

“It’s my intention to play for another season,” the Argentine told the Gazzetta dello Sport on Wednesday. 

“It’s all heading in that direction. 

“It wasn’t a decision made on a particular day, but it occurred to me during our run of 10 straight wins earlier in this campaign. 

“I often asked myself why I shouldn’t consider playing if I thought I could still give the team a helping hand.” 

Even when Zanetti takes the decision to hang up his boots, he’s expected to continue his relationship with the Beneamata. 

“I think it would be easier for me to have an office at the Pinetina training base rather than at the club’s HQ,” he continued. 

“Whatever I do, I want to stay as close as possible to the first team squad and perhaps represent the club in only certain events. 

“After all, there is a risk that I could step on [Inter ambassador] Luis Figo’s toes…” 

Zanetti was Massimo Moratti’s first signing in the summer of 1995.

-->
-->

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave a comment here! Thank you!

 

© Copyright Football365News 2012 | Originally designed by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Customized by Football365News | Powered by Blogger.com.