Posts Update:
Pin It

Podolski heaps praise on 'super coach' Wenger

December 26, 2012


Lukas Podolski thinks Arsene Wenger is a "super coach and human", and has praised the footballing philosophy the French coach has put in place at Arsenal.

The German forward arrived in the summer transfer window from Bundesliga club Koln, and feels settled in the Premier League despite being regularly substituted in his Premier League career. 

However, the 27-year-old is looking forward to a "dream draw" against Bayern Munich in the last 16 of the Champions League, and is also determined to regain his place in the German national squad. 

"[Wenger's] a super coach and human. He speaks to everyone internally and has a clear philosophy about the inner-workings of the club," he told Kicker. 

"People are very respectful to me here. When I leave the training ground, I'm not followed. I am happy to have taken this step. Not just in terms of football as I have also settled in well." 

Arsenal face a difficult challenge from last year's Champions League finalists and Podolski's former team Bayern, but he believes the tie could be decided in the Gunners' favour in the first game at the Emirates. 

He continued: "It's a dream draw. I'm looking forward to seeing [Uli] Hoeness, Jupp Heynckes and my colleagues from the national team. However, there's a small advantage that we're playing at home first. 

"If you want to win the trophy, you have to take the opponents as they come." 

And while he has not started every club game of late, the forward still has faith in his ability to succeed for Germany. 

"Just because I haven't started a few games, I do not doubt my potential to start in the national team. [Joachim Low] told me that I will continue to play an important role in the team," he added.

-->
-->

Source: Goal

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave a comment here! Thank you!

 

© Copyright Football365News 2012 | Originally designed by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Customized by Football365News | Powered by Blogger.com.