Posts Update:
Pin It

Nastasic looking forward to festive fixture

December 25, 2012


Manchester City youngster Matija Nastasic is relishing his first taste of the busy festive schedule.

The Serbia defender, who has made his mark since arriving from Fiorentina in August, is unfazed by the prospect of playing five games in 15 days.

The 19-year-old centre-back said: "To me it is not a problem, I am always happy when I am playing, so this time of the season makes me happiest of all!

"My father and mother are here, so I won't miss my family. 

"I don't look at the two long away trips as a problem at all. 

"Now we concentrate on the Sunderland game, and then we focus on Norwich - it's not a headache. 

"The league in Italy stops, and we have a break, but playing here is no problem for me. I am looking forward to the next couple of games." 

Commenting on Gareth Barry's last-gasp winner in Saturday's defeat of rock bottom Reading, Nastasic felt victory was deserved for his City side. 

He said: "We knew the game would be difficult because it was obvious they would just come and defend, but we deserved the goal in the last minute. 

"Reading played 11 men behind the ball, in a small area which always makes it very difficult to attack - but that was their game plan. 

"We are a very strong team, self-motivated and full of confidence at the moment. What is important is that we keep the same attitude, if we want to win the Premier League. 

"We won the game, and that is the important thing." 

The Serbian's consistent performances are currently keeping England centre-back Joleon Lescott out of the City side, and manager Roberto Mancini's regard for the player is evident as he is fast becoming a fans' favourite. 

Nastasic added: "It makes me happy if the fans think highly of me, and I just want to keep playing the way I am - that is the objective for the whole team, not just me."

-->
-->

Source: SkySports

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave a comment here! Thank you!

 

© Copyright Football365News 2012 | Originally designed by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Customized by Football365News | Powered by Blogger.com.