Posts Update:
Pin It

Montpellier boss Rene Girard unsure over future

December 18, 2012


Rene Girard has admitted he does not know whether he will remain as Montpellier coach after the current campaign, but says he wants to make the most of "the time I have left here".

Appointed in 2009 upon the club's return to the French top flight, Girard, 58, has established the side in the elite, bringing a first-ever Ligue 1 crown to the Stade de la Mosson last season. However, with their title defence stuttering, Montpellier president Louis Nicollin suggested last week that Girard, whose contract expires in June, will not return next season. The man in the dugout seems far from convinced he even wants to continue in the role past the summer.

"I'm free in June. It's something that doesn't get in the way of my daily routine. I don't bother myself with my future. I've been here three-and-a-half years," Girard told L'Equipe. "I want to finish well, finish the season well. After that, we'll see. I'm in no hurry."

When Nicollin revealed his dissatisfaction with the side, he also praised Girard's achievements in writing the most glorious page in the club's history to date, though the club's outspoken patriarch did not go as far as to confirm he wanted to keep the title-winning coach. The pair are due to meet in March to discuss Girard's future.

"Today, I don't know what I'll do in June. The club will be made aware of my decision as soon as I've taken it," Girard said. "There's only one thing I want to do: enjoy the time I have left here. In Montpellier, I've experienced some amazing emotions with an exceptional group of people."

-->
-->

Source: ESPN

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave a comment here! Thank you!

 

© Copyright Football365News 2012 | Originally designed by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Customized by Football365News | Powered by Blogger.com.