Posts Update:
Pin It

Lukaku wants to stay at West Brom

December 24, 2012


Romelu Lukaku does not start every game, is bullied in training and works for a manager who drops him, even when he plays well. 

Yet the Chelsea teenager loves life on loan at West Bromwich Albion. So much so that, not only does he want to stay for the rest of this season, he is planning another campaign in the Black Country. 

West Brom head coach Steve Clarke has fielded hundreds of questions about whether the Belgium striker will be staying. 

But five minutes with Lukaku was all it took for the youngster to scotch any notion that he might call a premature end to his stay at the Hawthorns. 

'I want to stay here,' he said. 'So many people have asked me in the last few weeks, "Are you staying?" 

'I've had a lot of contact with Chelsea and I've told them I'm happy here. 

'I have a great rapport with the manager. He challenges me mentally. If I don't play, it's challenging me to do more. I want to develop. For me, it is a one-year loan. Then it may be another year again because I need to play as much as I can. 

'I can learn here. I can improve here. It's my ambition and the players want me to improve. Jonas Olsson bullies me in training, but I love it. Last year I had Alex, John Terry and David Luiz against me. 

'Now I have Jonas, who I think is one of the best defenders in the league.' 

On Saturday, Lukaku's 82nd- minute header sealed a 2-1 win over Norwich for Clarke, whose team go into Christmas level on points with third-placed Arsenal. 

The £18m signing, though, has other long-term goals. 

'Chelsea know I'm a player who is hungry to play and they will benefit from that in the future,' he added. 'It is my parent club. I love the club. I don't have any problems with them. 

'My ambition is to start in the first eleven in every game for Chelsea.' 

-->
-->

Source: DailyMail

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave a comment here! Thank you!

 

© Copyright Football365News 2012 | Originally designed by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Customized by Football365News | Powered by Blogger.com.