Posts Update:
Pin It

Allegri: Milan on the right track

December 31, 2012


Massimiliano Allegri insists Milan “are on the right track” by rebuilding with youth and rues Robinho's potential departure.

“We are on the right track by focusing on youth,” the Coach told La Gazzetta dello Sport newspaper.

“We are building a new Milan, so this is an achievement that takes time and passion. The President is right to take this route, as nobody in the current Italian financial crisis can afford wages of €7m per season and stay within the Financial Fair Play rules.”ax

Losing so many big players has undoubtedly had an impact on performances and Allegri felt the pressure when results weren’t coming.

“I am happy with the number of points we have so far this season, even though we could’ve had a few more.

“I end the year aware that I adapted to different situations. Intelligence can also be seen in someone’s ability to deal with changing scenarios. In difficult moments I am calm and not clouded by anxiety. Perhaps I kept my job because I was good at reassuring the club...

“I told them we’d emerge from this situation and we are on the right track, although the game with Roma showed we are still not solid.

“I have a contract until 2014, but obviously I’m happy at Milan and would gladly stay for longer. The challenge of getting back to the top within two or three years is exciting.”

However, more top players are set to leave San Siro in January, as Alexandre Pato is on the verge of joining Corinthians and there’s a Brazilian bidding war for Robinho.

“Will I be more disappointed if Pato or Robinho leaves? They are different feelings. Pato has the potential to win the Ballon d’Or, but I understand he needs to find that confidence he lost amid all the injuries,” continued Allegri. “Robinho, ah what to say about Robinho? He is a player of a superior level.

“Am I convinced by Mario Balotelli? I don’t like talking about players in other teams. In any case, it’s a shame he still hasn’t shown his talent and I think he needs to hurry up, because you’re 30 before you know it.”

The Milan Coach concluded with a sideswipe at Juventus boss Antonio Conte.

“He is doing great work, but when I hear talk of ‘war through the media’ it feels like I’m in a videogame. Personally I don’t believe in wars and conspiracies. I speak to journalists even if they insult me. You never know, I might skip a Press conference and they’ll dock my wages...”

-->
-->

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave a comment here! Thank you!

 

© Copyright Football365News 2012 | Originally designed by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Customized by Football365News | Powered by Blogger.com.