Posts Update:
Pin It

Suarez: I'm very happy at Liverpool

November 16, 2012


Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has said he is very happy at the club and wants to stay at Anfield for many years.

The 25-year-old has been linked with a January move to Manchester City.

But he told Liverpool's website: "It's about enjoying myself and trying to be here for as many years as I can.

"I'm at a club where I'm very happy, my family is happy, I've got fantastic team-mates and a manager from whom I'm learning so much. I'm at a club where I've always wanted to be."

The Uruguay international signed a new deal at the Anfield club in the summer.

He has been in good form so far this season, scoring 11 goals in 16 appearances and is the joint top scorer in the Premier League with eight goals.

"As a player, it's vital to have the backing of your manager and so I think that the confidence Brendan [Rodgers] is showing in myself and the team as a whole is very important and it's down to us to repay that trust out there on the pitch," added Suarez.

"The other important thing is that the squad is very united. In spite of not getting the results we would have liked, we have a great spirit of togetherness and let's hope we can continue to pick up points."

Manager Rodgers has said there will be no "bidding war" for the striker who made a £22.7m move from Ajax to Liverpool in January of 2011.

"If we lost Luis then we have no strikers, so I can't afford to lose anyone," he said of a striker who scored 17 goals in 39 appearances in his first full season at the club,

"He is certainly not anyone we want to sell or move. We want to add to the squad."

Suarez's time in England has not been without controversy.

He was found guilty of racially abusing Manchester United defender Patrice Evra, banned for eight games and then widely criticised for his decision to refuse Evra's handshake when the two came face-to-face at Old Trafford.

However, the pair did shake hands when Liverpool played Manchester United for the first time this season at Anfield.

We need your help!
Please click on the ads (you're interested in) to help the site grow! It only takes a sec! 
Thank you very much!

-->

Source: BBC

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave a comment here! Thank you!

 

© Copyright Football365News 2012 | Originally designed by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Customized by Football365News | Powered by Blogger.com.