Posts Update:
Pin It

Pellegrini: I will always be grateful to Real Madrid

December 08, 2012


Málaga manager, Manuel Pellegrini, has said he regrets "not having had the support" of the club during his stint at Real Madrid in the 2009-2010 season although he asserted that he is "grateful" to the 'Blancos' and believes that Malaga is able to compete with any of the Champions League teams.

"I don't ever regret my time at Real Madrid. I managed Real Madrid's best season up to that point. I will always be grateful to Madrid, what I regret is not having had the internal setup to develop the project, but that wasn't down to me", Manuel Pellegrini revealed on the Spanish radio station 'Cope'.

Pellegrini asserted that he sees "a lot of ambition" in his players at Malaga, despite unpaid wages, and that he remained with Malaga because of all the work it put into qualifying for the Champions League, which it has started well.

"We wanted to finish top of our group, it's important to be able to finish the job at home, in the return match. There's not much to separate the final sixteen. If you pick one, you could be wrong. What I want is for Malaga to perform in the Champions League in February just like it has up to now and that way, we have the ability to go up against any of them", he assured.

Joaquín and Isco will be key for the knockout stage. "It was absurd to think that Joaquín was finished at 30. He's again showing what he has been throughout all his career. Isco has been an important explosion of talent. Not believing he's the best has helped him a lot. We have worked on that with him", Manuel Pellegrini pointed out.

-->
-->

Source: Marca

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave a comment here! Thank you!

 

© Copyright Football365News 2012 | Originally designed by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Customized by Football365News | Powered by Blogger.com.