Posts Update:
Pin It

Totti: I could play until I am 50

January 02, 2013


Roma forward Francesco Totti claims he could keep on playing until he is 50 and aims to walk out of the tunnel of the club's new stadium in 2016.

The Giallorossi legend has spent his entire career at the Stadio Olimpico and continues to play a starring role - scoring six times already this season.

And when asked what the future holds, it is evident that retirement is far from his thoughts. 

"The president says he hopes that I score the first goal in the new stadium and I hope that I can do that as well, even though it is four years away," he told TRS. 

"Could I play until I am 50? Who knows, it would be difficult but nothing is impossible!" 

And with the capital club sat in sixth spot in Serie A, Totti revealed he is hoping to put an end to his side's long wait for silverware in 2013. 

"In 2013, I hope to continue to play as I have been doing lately. This is a wish for myself, but I think that the fans will wish for the same thing," he added. 

"Hopefully we can win a trophy or a championship as soon as possible because it has been a long time." 

Roma announced plans for a brand new 55-60,000 seater stadium on Monday and hope it will be ready in time for the 2016-17 season.

-->
-->

Source: Goal

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave a comment here! Thank you!

 

© Copyright Football365News 2012 | Originally designed by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Customized by Football365News | Powered by Blogger.com.