Posts Update:
Pin It

Thomas Ince moves closer to Liverpool return

January 05, 2013

Tom Ince is on the verge of completing his return to Liverpool.

The Merseysiders are close to reaching an agreement with Blackpool over the fee for the 20-year-old winger. 

The Championship club have lowered their price tag from £8 million and a deal is expected to be completed at around the £5-6m mark. 

Although Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers said at his press briefing on Friday that there had been no progress in the club’s pursuit of Ince, all parties are believed to be confident that a deal will soon be completed. 

The Anfield Academy graduate, who left Merseyside 18 months ago, has blossomed at Bloomfield Road, scoring 13 goals in the Championship this season. 

Liverpool had an offer rejected for Ince last month and Blackpool boss Michael Appleton said earlier this week that the Premier League club have not returned with a second bid. 

Nevertheless, Liverpool are confident that Ince will become their second signing of the window after the £12m capture of Daniel Sturridge from Chelsea. 

Ince moved to Blackpool in the summer of 2011 for £250,000 in compensation on a two-year contract which expires at the end of the season. 

Sir Alex Ferguson made a move for the England Under-21 international in October but Manchester United dropped their interest to leave the path clear for Liverpool.


Source: Goal


Post a Comment

Have your say and leave a comment here! Thank you!


© Copyright Football365News 2012 | Originally designed by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Customized by Football365News | Powered by