Posts Update:
Pin It

Ter Stegen dismisses Real Madrid link

January 09, 2013


Borussia Moenchengladbach goalkeeper Marc-André ter Stegen feels flattered by rumours linking him to Real Madrid, but is not considering a move, he has told Rheinische Presse.


Recent reports in the Spanish media had linked the Gladbach shot-stopper with a move to the Spanish champions, but speaking to the press during the club’s winter training camp Ter Stegen, 20, has played down the speculation.

“It flatters me when my name is discussed, when those rumours emerge,” he said.

But Ter Stegen, who made his debut for Germany in a 3-5 defeat to Switzerland ahead of Euro 2012 and has so far won two caps for his country, claimed nothing could lure him away from Gladbach right now.

“I still have a job to do at Gladbach,” he continued. “Other offers are quite out of the question. I want to do my homework here and want to show myself here.”

Ter Stegen had been going through ups and downs during the first half of the season. After saving a Messi penalty with his first touch in the Germany friendly against Argentina in August, his form dropped.

“Of course, I get annoyed by mistakes and bad scenes,” he said. “But after I have analysed it, I try not to think about it anymore. Many things came together. I am glad, I stayed calm and now I can see I don’t have to doubt myself.”

-->
-->


Source: ESPN

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave a comment here! Thank you!

 

© Copyright Football365News 2012 | Originally designed by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Customized by Football365News | Powered by Blogger.com.