Posts Update:
Pin It

Szczesny: I am a genuine Gooner

January 10, 2013


Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny has said that he along with a handle of others, feel like "genuine Gooners" and understand the importance of playing for the club.

The Poland international joined Arsenal from Legia Warsaw in 2006 as a 16-year-old, and after spending three years developing at the club before a loan move to Brentford, he has gone to make 84 appearances in all competitions.

Now 22, Szczesny is adamant he belongs at the Emirates Stadium, saying that playing for another club has never crossed his mind and he does not expect to be leaving any time soon after becoming an Arsenal fan.

"Ever since I signed for this club, I've become an Arsenal fan," Szczesny told the club's official website. "It feels like it's more than me just playing and doing my best on a Saturday afternoon, as I feel as if I have a much bigger part to play at this club. It means that little bit more to me.

"I think there's a lot of players in this team that are genuine Gooners. You've got people like Carl Jenkinson, Jack Wilshere and Emmanuel Frimpong who really feel it's the biggest honour they could have to play for this club. I think that's very important for the future.

"I don't think about playing for any other club. I see my future at Arsenal Football Club. I committed to coming here at the age of 16, not to then leave at the age of 24.

"That's not how it works for me. Coming over to England at the age of 16 was the most important decision of my life and probably the best one to date."

Despite establishing himself as Arsene Wenger's first choice in goal, Szczesny still eyes personal improvement, targeting as many appearances as possible in order to fully develop.

"I think I improve with every single game," he added. "I get the experience that is needed for a young keeper, so it's important for me to play as many games as possible."


Source: Goal

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave a comment here! Thank you!

 

© Copyright Football365News 2012 | Originally designed by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Customized by Football365News | Powered by Blogger.com.