Posts Update:
Pin It

Sturridge: I'm not fully fit

January 07, 2013


New Liverpool forward Daniel Sturridge says he still has a long way to go before he is fully match-fit.


Sturridge, signed from Chelsea last week, scored just seven minutes into his Reds debut in the 2-1 win over Mansfield in the third round of the FA Cup.

He did though miss several other chances, and Sturridge - who has not played in a senior match since November - admits he needs game-time.

He told the Liverpool Echo: "I haven't had much training. I've only had three sessions with the lads and then a light session on Saturday before the game.

"I am lacking sharpness in front of goal. I missed a few chances but hopefully once I get my fitness those ones that I missed will go in.

"It was a great pass from Jonjo (Shelvey) - the vision and the weight of the pass for the goal was perfect. He made it quite easy for me to take the shot first time.

"We haven't had much time to work on stuff but we were both on the same wavelength. We get on well on and off the field.

"All the lads have been great with me and they've made it easy for me to settle in over the past few days.

"I want to say thank you to them for making me feel so welcome. I look forward to playing with them for many years to come."

-->
-->


Source: SkySports

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave a comment here! Thank you!

 

© Copyright Football365News 2012 | Originally designed by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Customized by Football365News | Powered by Blogger.com.