Posts Update:
Pin It

Robben could decide to play fewer games for Oranje

January 05, 2013


Bayern Munich star Arjen Robben is considering playing fewer games for Netherlands in games which are not as "important" in the future, in order to avoid more physical problems.

The attacker has picked up a number of serious injuries while away on international duty with Oranje in the past, most notably a hamstring problem at the 2010 World Cup, and he could now decide to skip friendlies and other less important games to make sure history does not repeat itself. 

"The national team and I has been an unfortunate combination. I don't know the reason, but I somehow keep on picking up injuries," Robben told TZ. 

"Now, before people get the wrong idea, I will not retire from international football, because playing for my country remains an immense honour. 

"However, if there's a game that's not too important or when we have a busy calendar, I could decide not to play for the national team. I have to give this some serious thought." 

Robben has made 63 international appearances so far, scoring 17 goals in the process.

-->
-->

Source: Goal

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave a comment here! Thank you!

 

© Copyright Football365News 2012 | Originally designed by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Customized by Football365News | Powered by Blogger.com.