Posts Update:
Pin It

Negredo open to Premier League move

January 09, 2013


Alvaro Negredo has alerted Premier League clubs by expressing a desire to leave Sevilla and move to England.

Negredo has been targeted by Tottenham and Chelsea and although his club are demanding about £18million for the Spain forward, Sevilla’s financial difficulties mean he could be captured for less.

Both Spurs and Arsenal are seeking to improve their quality in attack and Negredo admitted that if he decides to move abroad, his first choice is the Premier League.

“The Premier League is a great competition, I really like it and I think my style of football would be well-suited to it,” he said.

“There comes a time when a cycle comes to an end and I don’t know whether my time will be sooner or later. I haven’t thought about it a lot but I wouldn’t mind playing abroad.”

Negredo revealed he had discussed the life of a footballer in England with some of his international colleagues.

David Silva, Juan Mata, Santi Cazorla and Fernando Torres all chose to leave La Liga for the Premier League.

“I’ve spoken to the guys playing in England, mainly when we were together at Euro 2012 because we had a lot of free time,” Negredo said.

“I spoke to Mata and Torres and I know they really enjoy it.

“They have a different way of experiencing football over there compared with Spain. The players say it is easier to go out and about there. Here, it is quite difficult to leave the house but they say there is not as much scrutiny in England, and I like that.”

Negredo was sought by Spurs in January 2011, when chairman Daniel Levy made inquiries about a number of Spain-based strikers as the transfer deadline approached.


Source: LondonEveningStandard

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave a comment here! Thank you!

 

© Copyright Football365News 2012 | Originally designed by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Customized by Football365News | Powered by Blogger.com.