Posts Update:
Pin It

Moyes: Everton do not have to sell players

January 06, 2013

David Moyes says he is not under pressure to sell his star players at Everton this month despite the club announcing more losses. 

The Merseyside club revealed earlier this week it made a net loss of £9.1million in the 2011-12 season, compared with a loss of £5.4m a year earlier. 

Speculation has surfaced they could offload key players such as Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines in this month's transfer window, with both thought to be attracting interest from elsewhere. 

But manager Moyes insists he does not intend to let any of his players go, while he says bringing a new face to Goodison Park on loan is a possibility.

He said: "I don't really study the figures because it's not my department. I just know that we sold players last year, but there's not that kind of pressure this time.

"We only sold Jack Rodwell recently and last season we sold Mikel Arteta, so we have already raised some money. 

"We have got a small amount of money I could use this month, but it's only enough to get me a loan deal. Last January we had to sell to bring players in, but I'm not planning to sell anyone this time." 

Moyes is yet to enter talks over his own future at the club, with his deal set to expire in the summer, but the manager maintains he is in no hurry. 

He said: "I've said I'll be waiting until after January - probably later than that. 

"I'm more than comfortable. It's my choice and I do not want anything to get in the way of the team. 

"We are playing well and I want us to focus on trying to hang in at the top of the Premier League and to have a good run in the FA Cup."


Source: SkySports


Post a Comment

Have your say and leave a comment here! Thank you!


© Copyright Football365News 2012 | Originally designed by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Customized by Football365News | Powered by