Posts Update:
Pin It

Jaap Stam eyes coaching role in England

January 04, 2013


Former Netherlands footballer Japp Stam has announced that he will leave his role as the assistant at PEC Zwolle at the end of the season.

Head coach Art Langeler will also quit at the end of the current campaign, and Stam has stated his desire to take the next step in his career.

"I would love to join a bigger club," Stam said to Voetbal International. "At the moment nothing is concrete yet, but I think for me this is the right moment to make the next step." 

The 40-year-old former defender had a sparkling career across Europe and is thought to prefer a move to an English side, having spoken of his admiration for the country’s football. 

"A few weeks ago I told the board that it was my choice to stop. I want to take a look around, that could be in Holland or a foreign country. It is well known that English football really attracts me." 

Stam retired from playing in 2007 and in the summer will be leaving the club he started his career with 20 years ago.

-->
-->

Source: Goal

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave a comment here! Thank you!

 

© Copyright Football365News 2012 | Originally designed by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Customized by Football365News | Powered by Blogger.com.