Posts Update:
Pin It

Every club except Barcelona has bought success, claims Aguero

January 08, 2013


Sergio Aguero has hit back at Manchester City’s critics, claiming all their Premier League rivals are built on money.


Aguero is angry that City’s success has been dismissed by the sneers of people saying it is all down to Sheikh Mansour’s millions.

He feels it is wrong to single out City and says every top team in the world, apart from Barcelona, have been assembled with expensive signings.

“Some people say this team was built only through money, as if other clubs weren’t,” said the striker.

“I want to be clear, only Barcelona have footballers from their youth system. The rest of the clubs, including us, don’t.”

Aguero feels City have not received proper credit for their feat in overhauling United’s eight-point lead in the final six games to pip them for last season’s Premier League title.

The Argentine’s stoppage-time winner over QPR on the final day clinched their first title in 44 years and only now, nearly eight months on, has the enormity of it all sunk in.

“Sometimes I think people don’t value what we have done,” he said. “We are the Premier League champions.

“We won the title even when Man United were ahead of us by lots of points. We didn’t give up and we fought until the end. We were definitely the best team.

“Only now do I realise what I did with my goal. The months went by and I understood what that goal meant for all of us.

“People in the streets are always telling me stuff about that goal. But I didn’t realise what it had meant when I scored it. At the time, I felt as if I were in another world.

“Even today, it is surprising for me when I arrive at the stadium and see those huge pictures of my goal.

“It’s unbelievable for me that FIFA have chosen my goal as one of the 12 moments of the year.”

City have been criticised for failing to reproduce their dazzling football from last season when they banged in 93 goals in their 38 games.

They have managed 41 so far in 21 games - 13 fewer than United - and are seven points behind their neighbours in the title race.

Aguero claims there is no reason for City fans to be worried and blames injuries for their dip in form.

The Blues have been without David Silva, Samir Nasri, Jack Rodwell, Gael Clichy, Vincent Kompany and Micah Richards at various times while Aguero is enduring his second spell on the sidelines after tearing his hamstring in the New Year’s Day win over Stoke.

“Man City are fine,” said the South American. “We’re not playing as well as we did last season, but we are winning the matches anyway.

“We have the team, you know, so we definitely can play as we did last season. You have to think that this season we have had many important players injured - Nasri, Silva, Kompany, Clichy, Richards, and myself.

“There are no excuses, but that’s the truth.”

-->
-->


Source: DailyMirror

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave a comment here! Thank you!

 

© Copyright Football365News 2012 | Originally designed by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Customized by Football365News | Powered by Blogger.com.