Posts Update:
Pin It

Demba Ba ready to work with Torres

January 07, 2013


Chelsea striker Demba Ba has insisted he is content to work alongside Fernando Torres and says he will prove himself worthy of a starting berth at the club.


The Senegal international completed a £7 million move from Newcastle on Friday before marking his Blues debut by netting twice in the 5-1 FA Cup win over Southampton a day later.

And, despite having replaced the Spaniard in the starting lineup for the win over Nigel Adkins' men, Ba believes he can strike up a partnership if required.

"Ask the manager. If I have to play with him, I’ll play," he told reporters.

"If I have to be on the bench, I’ll wait for my chance, and if he puts me on the bench I’ll prove that I can play. That’s it."

Ba also expressed delight at his goalscoring bow and thanked fans and team-mates for their contribution to his early success.

"I don't think I have made a debut like that before. That's a great one and I'm pleased, I'm going to enjoy it a little bit," he added.

"When you see the fans they show you they're happy for you and the team-mates when they come and congratulate you it's a good feeling.

"The three behind me make football look easy. I just try to run in behind and try to create space as well for them. I know when they have some space they will be very dangerous."

Meanwhile, Chelsea boss Rafael Benitez dismissed claims that £50 million man Torres might feel threatened by the new arrival.

"Fernando is really pleased," he said. "He knows he cannot play every game, that he needs someone else who can give him a rest. For me, it’s a great opportunity to manage two different players.

"It will be good for the team also because both players can score goals and, if they are fresh, they can make a difference."

"He will be a good addition as now we have different options depending on whether we want to play one way or another. Also, if we want to play with two strikers, we can."

-->
-->


Source: Goal

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave a comment here! Thank you!

 

© Copyright Football365News 2012 | Originally designed by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Customized by Football365News | Powered by Blogger.com.