Posts Update:
Pin It

Conte: Juventus deserved another penalty

January 07, 2013


Antonio Conte insisted his side should have been awarded two penalties following Juventus' 2-1 Serie A defeat to Sampdoria on Sunday.

The Turin giants took the lead midway through the first half when Sebastian Giovinco converted a spot kick, but they were seemingly denied a second penalty later on after a duel between Alessandro Matri and Angelo Palombo. 

That allowed Mauro Icardi to strike twice and inflict a shock defeat on the reigning champions at Juventus Stadium, with Conte less than impressed after the full-time whistle. 

"I think that it was a clear penalty. I am a coach and my opinion can be a bit coloured, but this was a spot kick. I don't know how neither the referee, nor the fourth official managed to spot it," the 43-year-old told reporters. 

"Of course I am not satisfied with the result. I am never pleased when I lose. People who know me know that I hate to lose. We were ahead and deserved to win it. 

"We have to reflect on this game and learn from our mistakes. Sampdoria did well to get back in the game, but we have ourselves to blame for the loss." 

The Bianconeri remain first in Serie A with 44 points from 19 games.

-->
-->

Source: Goal

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave a comment here! Thank you!

 

© Copyright Football365News 2012 | Originally designed by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Customized by Football365News | Powered by Blogger.com.