Posts Update:
Pin It

Chelsea at another level to Newcastle, says Ba

January 05, 2013


Chelsea forward Demba Ba says the decision to join the Blues from Newcastle in the January transfer window was easy because the Stamford Bridge club "is on another level" to the Magpies.

The 27-year-old completed his switch to Rafa Benitez's side on Friday after mounting speculation, with former boss Alan Pardew criticising the striker's agents for misrepresenting their client and leading him away from the club. 

However, the striker believes he believes he is taken a big step forward in his career, and is relishing the prospect of playing alongside "world-class players" for the Champions League holders. 

"This club [Chelsea] is at another level. It isn't West Ham or Newcastle," he told reporters. 

"They are both big clubs with a strong history, but Chelsea is Chelsea and you cannot compare. 

"It will be easier with world-class players around, who make the football look so easy." 

The Senegal international could feature in Chelsea's FA Cup third-round tie against Southampton after completing his move in time - and Ba is looking forward to linking up with his new team-mates. 

He continued: "I hope my new team-mates can create a lot of chances for me when I play. 

"I have watched some replays of some games to see how the team is playing and hopefully it will be good." 

Ba arrived in the Premier League in January 2011, joining West Ham after failing a medical at Stoke, before he went on to Newcastle in the summer of that year. 

And although he feels he has learned a huge amount while competing in England's top division, he believes he must keep improving with Chelsea. 

"In two years now in the Premier League I have learned a lot and I keep learning. 

"I try to be strong mentally. Yesterday I was looking back and smiling to myself, saying 'Yes, I've done it'," he added.

-->
-->

Source: Goal

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave a comment here! Thank you!

 

© Copyright Football365News 2012 | Originally designed by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Customized by Football365News | Powered by Blogger.com.