Posts Update:
Pin It

Burak: It feels good to compete against Messi and Ronaldo

January 04, 2013


Galatasaray striker Burak Yilmaz says he enjoys competing with Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi but played down comparisons between himself and the duo.

The Turkey international has been in good form and is currently the Champions League joint top scorer. 

"I don't aim to be the top scorer in the Champions League. If I am, then it's great. But my purpose is to be successful as a team. I don't think about it as an individual,” Burak told Sabah. 

“Messi and Ronaldo are the best players in the world and it feels good to compete against them. It's an honour but honestly, I'm not in a position to challenge them. I just feel good and will try to score as many goals as possible and continue to do good work," he added. 

The 27-year-old is currently equal on goals with Cristiano Ronaldo after the group stages of this season’s Champions League. 

Despite being last year’s Super Lig top scorer, he has received criticism for his comparison to the Real Madrid and Barcelona strikers. 

"There will always be some critics of course but sometimes people need to support players like me. I've succeeded so much individually, some people just envy me,” said Burak. 

The Gala man also spoke about recent transfer rumours, adding that he is happy where he is but that the final decision lies with his club. 

"I feel peaceful here. My club is in charge but I can say that I want to stay and succeed at Galatasaray."

-->
-->

Source: Goal

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave a comment here! Thank you!

 

© Copyright Football365News 2012 | Originally designed by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Customized by Football365News | Powered by Blogger.com.