Posts Update:
Pin It

Arsenal's Squillaci ponders January exit

January 03, 2013


Arsenal defender Sebastien Squillaci believes his long-term future lies away from the club, stating that he could leave during the January transfer window.

After moving to the Emirates in 2010, the 32-year-old centre-back has made just 40 first-team appearances for the club spread over the course of two-and-a-half seasons, with only a solitary Champions League outing to show for his efforts so far this campaign.

The France international believes the main reason for the lack of first-team opportunities coming his way is due solely to the tough competition for places, insisting that he still shares a positive relationship with manager Arsene Wenger, despite his desire for a move away to a new club.

"With [Laurent] Koscielny, [Per] Mertesacker, [Thomas] Vermaelen and [Johan] Djourou, the competition is fierce," Squillaci told Vermatin.com. 

"I played in the Champions League with Olympiakos. I have played five times for the reserves and I always train seriously. 

"My relationship with Arsene Wenger is good. I remain as professional as possible. 

"I will be out of contract at the end of the season. As things stand, I will leave, perhaps during the January transfer window or else in June." 

However, after winning back-to-back Ligue 1 titles during a two-year stay at Lyon, Squillaci's stock is still thought to be reasonably high back in his native France and he's already earmarked a few clubs that would interest him when he finally decided to move. 

He added: "Of course, playing in my home region of Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur is something that interests me. 

"Marseille, Nice, Monaco, Bastia and Ajaccio are clubs who speak to me. I am 32, and I still have two or three good seasons left. 

"I will make my choice depending on the opportunities that arrive."

-->
-->

Source: Goal

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave a comment here! Thank you!

 

© Copyright Football365News 2012 | Originally designed by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Customized by Football365News | Powered by Blogger.com.