Posts Update:
Pin It

Stramaccioni: Picking Sneijder or not is my decision

December 05, 2012


Inter coach Andrea Stramaccioni has insisted the continued absence of Wesley Sneijder is nothing to do with his dispute with the club’s board.

The side's director Marco Branca recently claimed that Sneijder would not play again until he agreed to take a pay-cut, but Stramaccioni has said that the 28-year-old has consistently been omitted from squads due to tactical thinking.

“All of the decisions made about all of my players are made exclusively down to my evaluations,” the coach told reporters.

“If the Dutchman plays or if he is named in the squad then it will be because of my decisions and nobody else’s. I’ll take the responsibility.

“He’s training with his teammates, he’s doing well and I hope to not have to answer any more questions on the subject. I think I’ve already spoken too much about the argument.”

Sneijder has not featured for the Nerazzurri since September.

Stramaccioni also confirmed he is using the Europa League tie with Neftci PFK on Thursday as a way of evaluating his fringe players.

“This is not a time of the season when I can use all of my first team players because of our physical condition. We have to get to Sunday with the most energy possible.

“Having already qualified for the next round, this gives me the chance to field a lot of the Primavera players.”

Inter have already qualified for the knockout stages of the competition.

-->
-->

Source: Goal

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave a comment here! Thank you!

 

© Copyright Football365News 2012 | Originally designed by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Customized by Football365News | Powered by Blogger.com.