Posts Update:
Pin It

Neil Lennon has no plan to leave Celtic

December 22, 2012


Celtic boss Neil Lennon admits it would take a lot for him to be tempted away from Parkhead. 

Lennon's stock has risen this year following his success in the Champions League and his progress is thought to have alerted a number of clubs in the Premier League. 

However, Lennon insists he has had no contact with any possible interested clubs and that he has no plans to leave Celtic. 

Asked about a possible move to the Premier League, Lennon said: "People speak about that but I haven't had one phone call. I have an agent who would have told me if there was any interest or even a whiff of it. 

"And even then, it would take a lot for me to be tempted. It would have to be a club where there is the same substance to the job as I have here. That might not be in England, it might be abroad, but it would have to be a hell of an offer and a hell of a club to take me away from here at the minute. 

"I really want to put the club at the forefront of European football again. Now that is a huge challenge because we are up against it financially, but it is one I enjoy. 

"Other places wouldn't give you the same buzz. You would really have to go to a Champions League club to match what you have here. The opportunity to win trophies and the exposure you get at Celtic is something only maybe five or six clubs in England could match. The intensity of life here is something I'm used to, I'm institutionalised in it. In Glasgow, there is always a challenge. 

"Something else coming up isn't something I think about. It's nice to have people patting you on the back but it lasts a month until your next bad result, and people go away and talk about somebody else."

-->
-->

Source: SkySports

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave a comment here! Thank you!

 

© Copyright Football365News 2012 | Originally designed by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Customized by Football365News | Powered by Blogger.com.