Posts Update:
Pin It

Moses has no regrets after rejecting England for Nigeria

December 31, 2012


Chelsea winger Victor Moses has said that he does not have any regrets after chosing to play for Nigeria over England.

The attacker, who joined the west London side from Wigan in the summer, believes that he made the right choice to play for the country of his birth despite representing England at youth level. 

Moses has become an integral part of the Super Eagles side currently preparing for the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations, and he revealed that he has enjoyed every moment of his stay with the Nigerian team. 

"Yes the opportunity beckoned me to play for England, but I chose Nigeria because it has always been my ambition to play for the Super Eagles," Moses told Goal.com. 

"I don't regret turning out in the colours of Super Eagles. I love Nigeria and I was prepared to come and play for the nation. 

"I have enjoyed every minute of my stay with the team. Coaches in England should not blame themselves that they could not convince me to wear the jersey of the [Three Lions] after playing for the junior side 

"I waited for the opportunity to be invited to play for the national team of Nigeria and immediately they found me worthy, I did not waste time to honour the call. 

"Nigeria has always been my choice if called up and when they did I was happy. 

"I want to say that my game keep improving since I started playing for the Super Eagles after meeting with the coaches and players. 

"We are going to do well in South Africa because we have a team that is determined and hungry for success."

-->
-->

Source: Goal

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave a comment here! Thank you!

 

© Copyright Football365News 2012 | Originally designed by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Customized by Football365News | Powered by Blogger.com.