Posts Update:
Pin It

Messi laments lack of trophies in 2012

December 26, 2012


Despite Barcelona's current 16-point lead over Real Madrid in La Liga and a record personal haul of 91 goals, Lionel Messi believes the lack of major trophies make it a disappointing year for the club.

Messi, 25, is favourite for the FIFA Ballon D'Or after an incredible 2012 in which he has picked up the Spanish Golden Boot, become top scorer in the Champions League for the fourth consecutive year and beaten Gerd Muller's haul of 85 goals to set a new world-record for a calendar year.

However, with Chelsea landing the UEFA Champions League and Real Madrid pipping them to the La Liga title, Barca have had to settle for the Copa del Rey trophy, which has left the Argentine wanting more.

"I am happy with my goals and my records, but this year could have been better with trophies", he told El Mundo Deportivo. "I always say that the important thing is the group, and my goals, without trophies, have no importance."

Messi signed a new deal at Barcelona until 2018 recently and reiterated his desire to stay at the Nou Camp for as long as possible, adding: "My dream is to finish my career at Barcelona and, with this renewal, I step closer to fulfilling that dream."

-->
-->

Source: ESPN

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave a comment here! Thank you!

 

© Copyright Football365News 2012 | Originally designed by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Customized by Football365News | Powered by Blogger.com.