Posts Update:
Pin It

Marcelo: I'm the world's best left-back

December 03, 2012


Real Madrid left-back Marcelo has stated his belief that he is currently the world's best player in his position.

The 24-year-old arrived at the Santiago Bernabeu in January 2007 from Fluminense as a future heir to Roberto Carlos, and has since lived up to expectations by becoming a first-choice performer for the Blancos.

"I think I am the best left-back in the world because I have to believe in myself," Marcelo told Globoesporte. "I have to think about myself and continue growing [as a player]."

The Brazil international's start to the season was curtailed by a metatarsal injury which he sustained during a training session back in October.

However, he is being primed to make a return in January, and he revealed the legendary ex-Madrid full-back has been a source of inspiration whilst being on the sidelines.

"I felt my foot buckle," Marcelo added. "My legs were shaking but I did not think the injury was that bad.

"[Roberto Carlos] is my idol, everybody knows that. Even today, when I talk to him I get nervous. He was always the best."

-->
-->

Source: Goal

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave a comment here! Thank you!

 

© Copyright Football365News 2012 | Originally designed by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Customized by Football365News | Powered by Blogger.com.