Posts Update:
Pin It

Jovetic flattered by Manchester City interest

December 18, 2012


Stevan Jovetic has insisted he does not know whether Manchester City are interested in signing him but admits he only has a 50 per cent chance of staying at Fiorentina.

The Montenegro international has performed well in Serie A this season and says he has no plans to leave at the current time.

However, he thinks it would be wrong to rule anything out and has acknowledged it is flattering to be linked with clubs such as City.

"I feel very good here in Florence. I am very happy with the team, the club and the people," he told Corriere dello Sport.

"As I always say, in football everything can happen, and I don't want to deceive anyone because you never know.

"Is there a 50 per cent chance that I will continue at Fiorentina? Yes, but now I am not thinking about the market, I am not thinking of leaving.

"The interest from Manchester City? I know nothing about it but it is good to hear rumours about my work."

Jovetic's immediate focus is on helping Fiorentina build on a fine first half to the season and secure European qualification, amid reports that a move could be triggered by a good enough offer in January.

He said: "A buyout clause of €40million (£32.5m) on my contract? We still have to talk with the club, but now my priority is to return to European Cups with Fiorentina."

Jovetic added: "This Fiorentina team has surprised me. I thought it would take time to build a completely new group but instead we are doing great things.

"Now we have to continue on this path without being satisfied."

-->
-->

Source: SkySports

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave a comment here! Thank you!

 

© Copyright Football365News 2012 | Originally designed by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Customized by Football365News | Powered by Blogger.com.