Posts Update:
Pin It

I will fight to play football again, says Abidal

December 14, 2012


Barcelona defender Eric Abidal says he will "fight to play football again" as he continues his recovery from a liver transplant.

The France international was diagnosed with a tumour of the liver in late 2011 and underwent major surgery in March this year and has since been working hard to make a comeback.

"The doctors tell me that it is not normal that I have lived. I will fight to play football again but if I cannot then it's not a problem, I will continue with my family," he told sport.es.

Abidal was talking after he was awarded the Xlll Prix Pyrenees prize for showing great perserverance and strength during his fight back to full health.

And despite his recent troubles, the 33-year-old says he feels well once again and is thankful for the support shown by so many during the most difficult of years.

"I want to give thanks to everyone for this award. The year that has passed has been the most difficult of my life and I have fought so much."

-->
-->

Source: Goal

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave a comment here! Thank you!

 

© Copyright Football365News 2012 | Originally designed by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Customized by Football365News | Powered by Blogger.com.