Posts Update:
Pin It

Celtic hotshot Gary Hooper dreaming of England call-up

December 24, 2012


Gary Hooper hopes that his goalscoring form for Celtic will earn himself a call-up into the England squad.

Two more goals for the Bhoys in their 4-0 win over Ross Countyon Saturday brought the Essex-born striker's total for the season to 16 in all competitions.

The 24-year-old, yet to represent England at any level, was tipped to be included in Roy Hodgson's squad for the friendly against Sweden in November until a hamstring injury ruled him out.

Fifty one goals in the Scottish Premier League alone for Hooper since his move to Parkhead from Scunthorpe in July 2010 have seen him linked with a move back south of the border, with Celtic boss Neil Lennon denying that Liverpool were on the verge of agreeing a deal for him in October.

Hooper felt he should have added even more to his impressive goal tally against Ross County, but freely admitted that international honours remain in his sights.

"That's my dream - to play for England," he said. "If I can keep doing that, week in, week out, we'll see how it goes.

"I'm here to score goals and try to set up as many as I can. I was in a deeper position today but we got four goals and I should have had my third.

"I was gutted as I should have had one in the first half as well. I hit the bar in the second half and the keeper pulled off a few saves."

-->
-->

Source: SkySports

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave a comment here! Thank you!

 

© Copyright Football365News 2012 | Originally designed by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Customized by Football365News | Powered by Blogger.com.