Posts Update:
Pin It

Abidal unsure over comeback date

December 26, 2012


Eric Abidal has said that there is no set date for him to make his comeback for Barcelona.

The 33-year-old has yet to feature for the Liga leaders this season as he continues his recovery from liver transplant surgery earlier in the year.

It was confirmed earlier this month that Abidal had been given the green light to play for the first team again, but the former Olympique Lyonnais man has stressed he has no plans to rush back into action despite his seven-month absence from the pitch.

He told OLTV: “I had a difficult time. I struggled, but being surrounded by my friends and family… you must have strength and I hope that the disease will not affect me any more.

“It changes you. I have made a gradual recovery with work in the mountains, then on the pitch away from my team-mates. I got the green light to return a while ago. 

“I’m training on a daily basis, I have no specific goal of recovery. My body will decide, you should not rush.” 

Abidal also confirmed that Paris Saint-Germain had been interested in bringing him back to Ligue 1, but he insisted he intends to see out his career with Tito Vilanova's side. 

“I am in Barcelona and I want to finish there," he added. "It is true that PSG were interested in me a while ago, but my family is settled in Barcelona. My contract does not end in 2013, I will continue to fight.”

-->
-->

Source: Goal

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave a comment here! Thank you!

 

© Copyright Football365News 2012 | Originally designed by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Customized by Football365News | Powered by Blogger.com.