Posts Update:
Pin It

Beckham: I can still play at a high level

November 21, 2012


David Beckham insists he can still play at a high level as he considers his options once he leaves LA Galaxy.

As well as interest from Paris St Germain, Beckham, 37, who will leave Galaxy next month, is wanted by clubs in Russia, China, Australia and Brazil.

"Even at 37, I can play at a high level. Retirement isn't something I'm thinking about yet," Beckham said.

"I have exciting opportunities on the table so I'll make the decision once I've discussed it with my family."

He added: "Right now my focus is solely on the [season-ending MLS Cup] final in 10 days and then we have the tour with the Galaxy and I'll sit down with my family.

The former Manchester United and Real Madrid midfielder will make a decision on his future by mid-December after deciding to end his six-year stint with the Galaxy.

Beckham turned down a move to big-spending PSG in November last year.

The French club remain interested in the former England captain although coach Carlo Ancelotti maintains there has been no formal bid.

Ancelotti said: "We haven't made an offer [but] good luck to him."

Australian side Melbourne Heart claim they are in talks with Beckham over a "10-game stint" but his representatives have denied he has any plans to play in the A League.

Beckham, who won 115 England caps, started his career at Manchester United and left Old Trafford for Real Madrid in 2003 before joining the Galaxy in 2007.

-->
-->
Source: BBC

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave a comment here! Thank you!

 

© Copyright Football365News 2012 | Originally designed by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Customized by Football365News | Powered by Blogger.com.