Posts Update:
Pin It

Mascherano: Makelele was my hero

December 27, 2012


Barcelona star Javier Mascherano has named Claude Makelele as his footballing hero.

The midfielder, who has often helped out in defence since arriving at Camp Nou from Liverpool in 2010, believes the former Chelsea and Real Madrid player is amongst the best he has seen play in the holding role.

"My hero always was Makelele," he told Barcelona’s official website. 

"When I was young I always tried to copy him because, as a holding midfielder, he was one of the biggest players in that position. 

"I always watched him and tried to learn from him. Also I had the chance to play against him when I was at Liverpool and he was at Chelsea. As a holding midfielder, he was the best I have seen." 

When asked which was the best coach he has played under, the Argentina international was unable to separate his favourite four. 

The 28-year-old said: "[Marcelo] Bielsa, [Pep] Guardiola, [Rafael] Benitez and now [Tito] Vilanova. With all of them I have learned a lot, and also they gave me something for the future."

-->
-->

Source: Goal

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog here! Additionally your web site loads
    up fast! What web host are you using? Can I am getting your
    associate hyperlink for your host? I wish my web site loaded up as fast as yours lol
    http://buttpen.altervista.org/groups/the-most-effective-way-savy-can-possibly-your-own-house-tutor-singapore-prove-to-be/
    http://robotponywedding.com/?topic=employing-an-satellite-tutor-singapore-is-and-reason-why-the-particular-satellite-concerns

    Here is my webpage: basket ball wives la

    ReplyDelete

Have your say and leave a comment here! Thank you!

 

© Copyright Football365News 2012 | Originally designed by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Customized by Football365News | Powered by Blogger.com.